Click download and use pull down menu to “Save As”
All questions in this episode will relate to films in which Clint Howard has appeared. The questions do not all necessarily involve Clint Howard, but they are all related to his movies in some way.
Each of our 7 members will take a turn reading the 10 questions they have prepared for this week. All other members attempt to answer them. The audio is available for download/listening here on celluloidering.com or free from the iTunes store. A list of the questions and individual cast member scores from the week are available in “Full Post”. Answers are also in “Full Post” at the bottom of the page, so please scroll down carefully if you wish to avoid them.
1. In the Rocketeer, who designs and builds the rocket?
2. Neville Sinclair, played by Timothy Dalton, dies by crashing into what Los Angeles Landmark?
3. In Splash, Daryl Hannah plays a mermaid named Madison, who is named after what?
4. In Little Nicky what actor gets covered in bees (twice)?
5. In Apollo 13 Ken Mattingly, played by Gary Sinise, was replaced before the actual launch
6. Night Shift what does Michael Keaton’s character, Bill, use to keep track of his many outrageous ideas such as edible paper and feeding mayonaise to tuna.
7. Also in Night Shift, what character actor plays Chuck’s surly food delivery man who clearly doesn’t care about the quality of the food, which is ironic because the actor had written several cookbooks.
8. In EdTV, who plays Ed’s father who resurfaces after leaving when Ed was a child?
9. In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, why is Mustafa, played by Will Ferrel, killed, and how does he die?
10. In the Austin Powers franchise, who does Clint Howard play?
1. In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, during the opening scene in which Dr. Evil is surrounded by frickin’ idiots, what does he explain happens when he gets angry?
2. In Carnosaur, the dinosaurs are genetically engineered from a certain kind of bird. What classic food preparation of this bird is Clint Howard eating as his head is bitten off by one of the beasts?
3. In The Waterboy, Henry Winkler was told by his mom not to get a tattoo of a certain singer, but he rebelled and did it anyway. Whose likeness is it and in what stealthy spot did he put it on his body?
4. In Splash, Tom Hanks is saved by mermaid Daryl Hannah after a boating accident in the waters off of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Once he returns to his life in New York City, how does she track him down?
5. In Tango & Cash, when ambushed in the prison, Kurt Russell tells his attackers to do whatever they want to him except for one thing: he doesn’t want to get killed by some immigrant jerk-off. Who does he want to be killed by instead?
6. In Austin Powers in Goldmember, what gift does Scott give to his father, Dr. Evil?
7. In Uwe Boll’s House of the Dead, Clint Howard is dressed in a raincoat slicker and hat with a gaff hook in his hand as a jokey reference to what 1990’s horror film?
8. In Parenthood, after a baseball game error results in his son Kevin’s already low self-worth to drop even further, Steve Martin fears he has been a terrible father. In a comic flash-to-the-future fantasy, he imagines his son in a hostile standoff with police and blaming what for driving his life to this point?
9. Believe it or not, the plot of Barb Wire – a titillating Pamela Anderson vehicle – is inspired by the classic film Casablanca. Can you name one of the story parallels?
10. Ron Howard has directed twenty feature films to date, and there is a common misconception that his brother Clint has been in all of them. Can you name two of the five in which he does not appear?
1. What does Tango tie up Clint Howard’s character with, in Tango & Cash?
2. In Leprechaun 2, Mortimer wishes for the Leprechaun’s gold. How does this seemingly harmless wish backfire?
3. According to Mrs. Boucher, who invented electricity?
4. What is the Ice Cream Man’s favorite flavor?
5. Who plays Mini-me in the Austin Powers movie advertised at the beginning of Austin Powers in Goldmember?
6. What band’s music contains satanic messages when played backwards in Little Nicky?
7. At what Jazz club does Guy Patterson meet his hero in That Thing You Do?
8. Who took over after Charles Grodin and Judge Reinhold bored of the Beethoven series in Beethoven’s 5th?
9. What is the name of Steve Martin’s nephew in Parenthood, who is not Dianne Weist’s son?
10. In Fun With Dick and Jane, what does Dick steal from all his neighbors and leave conspicuously in his front yard?
1. Clint Howard is the voice of Junior the elephant in The Jungle Book. What is the name of the villainous tiger?
2. Clint Howard is the voice of Roo in two segments from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. What is Roo’s mother’s name?
3. What does Frost give Nixon as a present at the end of Frost/Nixon?
4. How does Michael Myers get his famous mask in Rob Zombie’s Halloween?
5. In The Rocketeer, the character of Lothar is based on what actor?
6. In Austin Powers in Goldmember, who plays Goldmember in the movie within the movie.
7. In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, what song does Dr. Evil say he wrote and he performs?
8. In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, who plays Austin’s first female accomplice Mrs. Kensington
9. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, when the Grinch directs his dog, what director is he impersonating?
10. Cynthia is the television producer that comes up with the idea of EdTV. What actress plays Cynthia?
1. Who runs the family therapy session in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery?
2. In what role does Clint Howard make a cameo in Cinderella Man?
3. What is Clint talking about in Backdraft when he says, “Jesus Christ, he’s not gonna sell you insurance! Pick him up!”
4. Who also lent his voice to Curious George, as the Man with the Yellow Hat?
5. Under what circumstance does Jim Carrey come into contact with Clint Howard in Fun With Dick and Jane?
6. Where does Dick get a job after he helps take down his corrupt former employer at the end of Fun With Dick and Jane?
7. How does Clint Howard send Steve Martin’s emotionally fragile son into teary hysterics, in the film Parenthood?
8. What play-on-words is the name of Clint Howard’s mayorial aide in How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
9. In Forget Paris, as Billy Crystal is driving his father-in-law around town, certain slogans get stuck in Arthur’s head. Which car-manufacturer billboard can Arthur, played by William Hickey, not stop repeating, well into the next day?
10. In The Waterboy, Paco (played by Clint Howard) ways “Waterboy’s killin’ ‘em. He’s the best tackler I’ve seen since ____________”?
1. What does Christopher Robin do in order to make Pooh’s disguise as more convincing when he attempts to get honey from the tree?
2. Who is Bobby Boucher’s favorite wrestler in The Waterboy?
3. According to Mrs. Boucher, why are alligators so ornery?
4. What song does Michael Myers’s mom dance to in Rob Zombie’s Halloween?
5. What does cowboy Gill like to do after he blows a hole in someone and slips around on their guts?
6. Who are Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters other wise known as when they are not playing in Weekend at Party Pier?
7. What is one of the items the Ice Cream Man sifts out of the ice cream after adding his special ingredient.
8. Since Paul Norman started directing in 1985 he has done 120 films. What is so very very special about the Ice Cream Man compared to his typical genre?
9. We have seen him in Space, Las Vegas and the hood, but where is The Leprechaun in Leprechaun 2?
10. What secret does King Louis want from Mowgli?
1. In “The Rocketeer,” suave villain Neville Sinclair, played by Timothy Dalton, is modeled after which golden-age Hollywood star.
2. In “That Thing You Do,” the band is introduced for their first big gig–in Pittsburgh, no less– by Kevin Pollak as this smarmy mattress salesman…
3. Name a film in which Clint Howard has played a character based on a real person.
4. Also in Apollo 13, Tom Hanks plays astronaut Jim Lovell, preparing to fly on the titular space mission. His daughter, however, has other things on her mind, as she is preoccupied by what recent pop culture event?
5. Yet another Apollo 13 question, after the successful reentry of the ill-fated mission, Jim Lovell (Tom Hanks) shakes hands with the captain of the Iwo Jima, the ship that recovers the crew. Who plays the captain of the ship?
6. In “Backdraft,” what does Donald Sutherland’s arsonist character refer to fire as?
7. The school in “Rock ‘n’ Roll High School” is named after which legendary football figure?
8. Both “Splash” and “Cinderella Man” are films which involve the same three members of the Howard clan. Name the three Howards that either work on or appear in the film?
1. Howard Hughes
2. The Hollywoodland Sign
3. Madison Avenue, NYC
4. Henry Winkler
6. A tape recorder
7. Vincent Schiavelli
8. Dennis Hopper
9. Mr. Bigglesworth lost his hair, and ultimately he’s shot.
1. “Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset people die!”
2. Fried chicken
3. Roy Orbison, on his butt
4. Using his ID that fell to the bottom of the ocean during the accident, she consults the nautical map from a sunken ship to determine where along the coast he is from
5. An American jerk-off
6. Sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads
7. I Know What You Did Last Summer
8. “You made me play second base!”
9. Freedom fighters, fascist regime, bar run by former flame, object allowing passage beyond airport security, opportunistic policeman helps out, tarmac goodbye, Paris, new relationship, etc
10. Willow, Ransom, A Beautiful Mind, The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons
1. A Slinky
2. The gold appears in his chest.
3. She did, Ben Franklin is the devil.
4. Butter Brickle
5. Danny DeVito
7. The Blue Note
8. John Larroquette
1. Sheer Khan
3. A pair of Gucci loafers.
4. He steals it from his sister’s boyfriend
5. Rondo Hatton
6. John Travolta
7. What if God Was One of Us
8. Mimi Rogers
9. Ron Howard
10. Ellen DeGeneres
1. Carrie Fisher
2. He is a boxing referee
3. A burned body at the morgue
4. Will Ferrell
5. Clint Howard is an INS agent arresting Jim Carrey outside a Home Depot
7. He shouts “He has no business being out there!” when the kid drops a fly ball.
9. “You wanted it, you got it! Toyota!”
10. Joe Montana/Montegna
1. Opens and umbrella and says “Tut tut, looks like rain.”
2. Captain Insano
3. “They have all those teeth and no tooth brush.”
4. Love Hurts
5. He makes balloon animals
6. The Wonders
7. a ring, an earring, a diaphragm and possibly some teeth
8. All his other films are pornos.
9. Los Angeles (and technically Ireland for the film’s introduction)
1. Errol Flynn
2. Boss Vic Koss
3. Apollo 13 (Seymour Liebergot, NASA flight controller)
4. The breakup of The Beatles
5. Jim Lovell
6. The Animal
7. Vince Lombardi
8. Ron, Clint, and their father, Rance