Click download and use pull down menu to “Save As”
All questions in this episode will relate to time travel movies.
Each of our 8 members will take a turn reading the 10 questions they have prepared for this week. All other members attempt to answer them. The audio is available for download/listening here on celluloidering.com or free from the iTunes store. A list of the questions and individual cast member scores from the week are available in “Full Post”. Answers are also in “Full Post” at the bottom of the page, so please scroll down carefully if you wish to avoid them.
1. Who makes a cameo as one of the judges of the Hill Valley High School Band audition in Back to the Future?
2. If Bill and Ted were one of Europe’s greatest leaders, and they were stranded in San Dimas for one day, where would they go?
3. What major character is conspicuously missing from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3?
4. What is the name of Samantha Darko’s dance troupe?
5. In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, who does Austin catch Felicity Shagwell in bed with during the closing credits?
6. What person cried while visiting his own mother with the ghost of Christmas past, other than Frank Cross?
7. When Ash wakes up in the 14th century, he is mistaken for a member of who’s army?
8. In Land of the Lost, Will Ferrel plays paleontologist Rick Marshall. In what other film featuring Will Ferrell does his character blatantly reference Land of the Lost.
9. In Timecop, who are the Vollmer twins?
10. What does Phil Conners get the newlyweds as a wedding gift?
1. What is unique about much of what we see in the Evil Fortess in Time Bandits?
2. Although nobody recognized the name at the time of the movie’s release, what is the origin galaxy of the alien referred to as a Feenastarus that is aboard the ship in Flight of the Navigator?
3. In A Muppet Christmas Carol, what Muppets play the “Marley and Marley” signing apparitions that Michael Caine’s Scrooge claims to be “more of gravy than or grave?
4. What is Fozzy’s character name when he played the man Ebonezer worked for as an apprentice in A Muppet Christmas Carol (as in Kermit played Bob Cratchit)?
5. For what purpose does Louis invent a brain scanning science fair project in Meet the Robinsons?
6. Peggy Sue Got Married, Peggy Sue faints at he high school reunion. When she wakes up back in 1960, what is the reason given that she had passed out in school?
7. What plot does the Army of the Twelve Monkeys succeed with in the 1995 Terry Gilliam movie?
8. For what purpose does Hermine originally have the time turner necklace for in Harry Potter and the Prisoner on Azkaban?
9. What is the first thing we see in color in the 1999 movie, Pleasantville after they enter the television?
10. In the Polar express most of the film was done using motion capture for the character animation, but due to the complexity of the scene and the inability of the actors to perform it what scene did not use motion capture?
1. How does Charlton Heston come to realize that he has traveled into the future in Planet of the Apes?
2. When Bill Murray is visiting his past, he witnesses Karen Allen giving him a Christmas present. What was that present?
3. In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, where is Dr. Evil’s hideout in present time?
4. In Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, which letter does Lincoln emphasize while spelling his name?
5. In Terminator 2, when the Terminator arrives, he is nude. He tells the biker to give him his clothes. How does the biker respond?
6. In Back to the Future, when Marty goes back to 1955, why does Marty’s mother call him Calvin?
7. In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, we find out that John Connor will marry Claire Danes’ character. What is her name?
8. In Escape From The Planet of the Apes, how many Apes make their way back to the 1970s?
9. Who comes from the future to protect Sarah Connor in The Terminator?
10. In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, what song does Fat Bastard sing when he meets Mini me?
1. In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, what are we told kills John Connor in the future?
2. In Back to the Future Part III, what is the name of the ravine before Marty leaves for the old west and what is it called when he returns?
3. In the 1992 Emilio Estevez action flick Freejack, the future America is ruined by corruption, violence, and pollution. In what horrific year does this dystopia exist?
4. In Peggy Sue Got Married, when she presents Charlie with the song She Loves You three years before The Beatles record it and make history, what change does he think needs to be made to the song?
5. In Groundhog Day, what is the name of the obnoxious insurance salesman who sure as heckfire remembers Bill Murray?
6. In Back to the Future Part II, what is the name of the publication Marty buys that the old Biff steals to give to his younger self, thus setting up a horrible new 1985 that Marty must change?
7. In Run Lola Run, to win the 100,000 marks at the casino, what does Lola do to ensure the roulette ball would stop on the number 20 where all her money is staked?
8. In Donnie Darko, the corrupt motivational speaker played by Patrick Swayze believes that the entire spectrum of human emotion can be marginalized into what two feelings?
9. In the mall sequence from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, the historical figures cause various disruptions and gather police attention. All seven of them end up going to jail, but one of them had nothing to do with those activities. Which figure could file a lawsuit for being falsely arrested?
10. In Time Bandits, the gang of robbers used to work for the Supreme Being during the time of creation. Why do they say the fabric of the universe is a botched job?
1. In Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home, the crew of the Enterprise, although not in the Enterprise, travel back to the Earth of the 20th century in search of what?
2. Both adaptations of HG Wells’ the Time Machine include the underground dwelling creatures known as what?
3. In Time after Time, HG Wells travels into the future in pursuit of what infamous London murderer.
4. In Terry Gilliam’s Time Bandits, Kevin finds himself traveling to ancient Greece where he meets Agamemnon. Who plays Agamemnon?
5. In Donnie Darko, Roberta Sparrow, aka Grandma Death, wrote a book on time travel, called what?
6. In this 1989 film, starring Kris Kristopherson, airplanes that are doomed to crash are taken 1000 years into the future where the passengers are removed and replaced with copies. The planes are then sent back to crash. What is the film?
7. In another time travel movie with Kris Kristopherson, Adrien Brody finds himself in a mental hospital and becomes the subject of a medical experiment that sends him into the future with each test. What is the film?
8. Terry Gilliam believed Brad Pitt wasn’t right for the role of Jeffrey, but was convinced otherwise. Pitt then spent weeks studying patients in a psychiatric ward to get his character down for this movie. What is the film?
9. In the Final Countdown, a modern aircraft carrier travels back in time to 1941, one day before what major event?
10. In the Flight of the Navigator, David Freeman is abducted and returned eight years later. Why wasn’t he returned to the time from which he was taken?
1. Director Harold Ramis originally wanted Tom Hanks for the lead role in this film, but thought that he was too nice and the role eventually went to Bill Murray.
2. Legendary casting director Mali Finn discovered Edward Furlong while visiting the Pasadena Boys and Girls Club in search of someone to play this iconic role in what famous time travel movie?
3. This film, which was based on a novel was directed by the original author’s great grandson. Name the movie.
4. The end of this Ashton Kutcher film was completely rewritten and reshot after testing poorly. Studios feared that it was too depressing and dark and went with a more optomistic tone for the theatrical release.
5. Tim Roth declined the role of Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter franchise to star in this remake of a classic film involving time travel.
6. This feature film, whose plot revolves around time travel, marks Zachary Quinto’s first and so far only feature film.
7. What time travel film has James Caviezel starring as a son trying to save his father’s life and thus alternating the course of history?
8. This film, involving time travel, was the last feature film of a Michael Crichton book to be filmed while he was alive?
9. Hugh Jackman travels through time in this romantic comedy.
10. This sequel had to recast two of its major supporting characters causing them to rewrite the script, shoot around one of the new actors to make him appear to be the other actor and reshoot a couple scenes from the previous film with the other new actor. Name the film and the actors.
1. Who becomes unstuck in time in George Roy Hill’s Slaughterhouse-Five?
2. The Time Enforcement Commission is charged to prevent alterations to the timeline in this movie.
3. Director Peter Hyams, who directed Timecop, also directed “A Sound of Thunder” a crapfest about time traveling safarigoers who hunt dinosaurs, which was based on a short story by this science fiction legend.
4. What does Lorraine McFly believe George McFly was doing when he fell out of the tree and got hit by her father’s car?
5. What famous comedy team are the whales in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home named after?
6. In which movie does the protagonist travel to the year 802,701?
7. In Freejack, what is about to happen to Emilio Estevez’ character before he’s snatched up and taken to the future?
8. What’s the brand of computer that young John Connor uses to hack the ATM in Terminator 2: Judgment Day?
9. How does Christopher Reeve send himself back to 1912 in “Somewhere in Time”?
10. What installment of Jaws is being advertised in Hill Valley in the year 2015?
1. Who rescued Bill and Ted from their execution in medieval England?
2. As established in Star Trek: First Contact, which alien race was the first to make contact with Earth?
3. What French film from 1962 inspired Terry Gilliam’s 12 Monkeys?
4. Which Star Trek film had the least amount of Enterprise footage?
5. What does Lorraine say kissing Marty is like?
6. When Marty is approached by a television screen in the future diner, what two cultural icons make up the personality of the virtual waiter?
7. How does young Biff mess up the saying, “make like a tree and leave?” And who points out this mistake?
8. What is Ash from Evil Dead’s full first name?
9. What song plays on the radio the morning after Groundhog Day?
10. In what translation of Terminator 2 is the phrase, “Hasta la vista, baby” translated to “Sayonara, baby.”
1. Huey Lewis
5. Austin from five minutes ago
6. Attila the Hunn
7. Henry the Red
8. In Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Ferrell’s character is named Marshall Willenholly (after Land of the Lost’s Marshall, Will, and Holly)
9. The two bloody splotches at the end of the time machine’s runway.
10. Wrestlemania tickets.
1. The items are all things from from Kevin’s room i.e. giant lego in the fortress
3. Statler and Waldorf – the crotchety old men from the balcony
4. Fozziwig as in Fezziwig
5. to scan his brain to remember his mother who dropped him at an orphanage when he was a baby
6. donating blood
7. releasing all the animals from the zoo that creates a traffic jam
8. to be in multiple classes at the same time
9. a red rose
10. Hot Chocolate
1. He sees the remains of the Statue of Liberty
2. A book of Kama Sutra
3. The Space Needle
5. He says: “You forgot to say please.” He then blows smoke and puts the cigar out on the Terminator
6. Because he is wearing Calvin Klein underwear.
7. Kathryn Brewster
9. Kyle Reese
10. “I want my baby back” – The Chili’s Restaurant Theme
1. The Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator, who is then reprogrammed to save him in the past
2. Clayton Ravine, Eastwood Ravine
4. Replacing the ‘yeah’s with ‘ooo’s
5. Ned Ryerson
6. Gray’s Sports Almanac
7. She screams so violently that the room shakes and the ball falls into place
8. Fear and love
9. Sigmund Freud
10. They only had seven days to make it
1. Humpback Whales
3. Jack the Ripper
4. Sean Connery
5. The Philosophy of Time Travel
7. The Jacket
8. 12 Monkeys
9. The attack on Pearl Harbor
10. Humans are too fragile for time travel
1. Groundhog Day
2. John Conner in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
3. The Time Machine (with Guy Pierce)
4. Butterfly Effect
5. Planet of the Apes
6. Star Trek
9. Kate and Leopold
10. Back to the Future Part II, Some upside-down dude replaced Crispin Glover and Elisabeth Shue replaced Claudia Wells.
1. Billy Pilgrim
3. Ray Bradbury
5. George Burns and Gracie Allen
6. The Time Machine
7. He’s about to crash his racecar
9. hypnotizes himself
10. Jaws 19
1. So-crates and Billy the Kid
3. Le Jetée
4. Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home
5. Like kissing her brother
6. Ronald Reagan/Max Headroom or the Ayatollah
7. “Make like a tree and get outta here!” Future Biff.
9. Sonny and Cher “I Got You Babe”
10. The Spanish translation