Click download and use pull down menu to “Save As”
All questions in this episode will relate to work place films in honor of Labor Day weekend.
Each of our 8 members will take a turn reading the 10 questions they have prepared for this week. All other members attempt to answer them. The audio is available for download/listening here on celluloidering.com or free from the iTunes store. A list of the questions and individual cast member scores from the week are available in “Full Post”. Answers are also in “Full Post” at the bottom of the page, so please scroll down carefully if you wish to avoid them.
PAT M ROUND
1. Night Shift: What is wrong with the egg salad sandwich delivered to Chuck at the end of the movie?
2. Night Shift: What actor plays the delivery man of said sandwich?
3. D.C. Cab: What performer does Albert Hockenberry see near him while kidnapped?
4. Brazil: Brazil begins with the botched printing of an arrest warrant for Harry Tuttle. What man is arrested instead?
5. Brazil: What holiday is being celebrated in the movie?
6. Graveyard Shift: Who co-stars as the eccentric exterminator Tucker Cleveland?
7. Gremlins 2: The New Batch Who has a cameo as a handyman fixing a drinking fountain in Billy Peltzer’s office?
8. Glengarry Glen Ross: What member of Sheldon Levine’s family requires medical attention?
9. Glengary Glen Ross: What is the second place prize in the sales competition?
10. Clerks: The anti-smoking enthusiast is in fact a representative of what product?
1. In Office Space, though he takes plenty of other abuses from management, the loss of what in particular provokes Milton to make good on his mumbled promises to burn the corporation down?
2. In Trading Places, once Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy realize they have been manipulated, they get revenge on Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche by providing false insider trading reports on what product?
3. In Modern Times, while his boss is stuck on his back in a massive machine with no use of his hands during the lunch break, Charlie Chaplin realizes that the only way to give the man his coffee is with a funnel, but the one they have is dirty from oil. What solution does he come up with?
4. In Network, according to the narrator, the story of Howard Beale is the first known instance of what?
5. In Monsters, Inc., what does the little girl nicknamed Boo call monsters Mike and Sulley?
6. In Glengarry Glen Ross, Alec Baldwin informs the team that coffee is for who?
7. In Billy Wilder’s One, Two, Three, the East German secret police are led to believe that the die-hard communist Horst Buchholz is really an America spy. How do they torture him to get a confession?
8. In Caddyshack, when Spalding starts whining “I want a hamburger, no cheeseburger, I want a milkshake, I want potato chips”, how does Judge Smails cut him off?
9. In Taxi Driver, Travis Bickle says that something has been following him everywhere he goes his entire life, and there is no escape from it. What is this thing that drives his every move?
10. In Liar Liar, while having to tell the truth for one whole day, what is Jim Carrey’s response to his son saying “my teacher tells me beauty is on the inside”?
1. In Brazil, Sam Lowry works for what branch of the government?
2. In Brazil, Harry Tuttle, played by DeNiro, is a fugitive from the government because of his unauthorized work. What does he do?
3. In the movie Speechless Michael Keaton and Geena Davis play rival writers, but prior to that job, Michael Keaton wrote for a TV show which stared what two comedians?
4. In Gung Ho, Michael Keaton plays a worker in a culturally mismatched automobile plant, located in what country?
5. In Willy Wonka, what is the name of the beverage that Charlie and Grandpa Joe steal?
6. In For Love or Money, Michael J. Fox is the concierge of the Bradbury Hotel in New York who is saving up every cent he earns for what?
7. Secret of My Success, Michael J. Fox plays a business school graduate who rises from the mail room to a private office by doing what?
8. In the Huddsucker Proxy, Norville Barns carries a drawing of his great idea, which ends up being what?
9. The Cohen Brothers co-wrote the Hudsucker Proxy with what film director?
10. In Men at Work, Charlie Sheen and Emilo Estevez get involved when a company is illegally doing what?
1. In Ghostbusters, what are Peter Venkman’s two PhD’s in?
2. In Office Space what is the name is Initech’s rival company?
3. In Being John Malkovich, how does Dr. Lester explain his health at 105 years of age?
4. In High Fidelity was is the name of Jack Black’s band when they preform “Let’s Get It On”?
5. In Gremlin’s 2, how does Gizmo get wet?
6. In Clerks, where does Dante work?
7. In Grandma’s Boy, how does Nick Swardson’s character refer to his parents?
8. In Ratatouille, what mean meal does the main character make for the food critic at the films climax?
9. In Ghostbusters, how much money are the Ghosterbusters paid for taking care of Slimer?
10. If Veruca Salt is a Lady, what is Grandpa Joe?
For questions 1-5, I will name the character and you name the character’s job.
1. Howard Beale
2. Frank Poole
3. Whiplash Willie Gingrich
4. Roger Thornhill
5. J.J. Hunsecker
6. This film began life when some of the characters featured in an animated short on MTV’s Liquid Television in the early 90s, before being made into a feature.
7. In Martin Scorsese’s “Casino,” Robert DeNiro plays Sam “Ace” Rothstein, is hired by the mob to manage what fictional Las Vegas gambling hall?
8. Name at least three occupations that Frank Abagnale Jr. passes himself off as during “Catch Me if You Can”
9. The title of this 2005 movie is a Latin phrase that means “Jack of All Trades” which is appropriate for Matt Dillon’s character, who has a hard time keeping a steady job down for more than a few days?
10. In the classic “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington,” Jefferson Smith (played by Jimmy Stewart) is appointed to the Senate after being suggested for the job by the governor’s children. What is Jefferson Smith’s occupation before being selected?
1. In the film Big, what concept does Tom Hanks come up with that the McMillan Toy Company love?
2. In the Charlton Heston movie Earthquake, what famous actor is sitting at the bar playing a drunk when the earthquake hits?
3. In The 40 Year Old Virgin, what does Seth Rogen think Steve Carell was before he got to know him?
4. What does Sweeney Todd say Pirelli’s miracle elixir is made of?
5. What is Johnny Depp’s response to Orlando Bloom saying he practices with his swords 3 hours a day?
6. In House of 1000 Corpses, what food does Captain Spaulding sell at his gas station?
7. What object does the woman use to put the curse on Alison Lohman in Drag Me to Hell?
8. What gimmick for Psycho did Hitchcock use as a promotion that upset theater managers?
9. How does the museum, in House of Wax (1953), catch in fire at the beginning of the film leaving Vincent Price with severe injuries?
10. In Clerks 2, an argument takes place about what two film series?
1. What film did the Japanese garbage collectors’ union demand be banned from video shelves, as it disparaged trash collectors, portraying them in a negative light?
2. In what film does Dolly Parton threaten to turn her boss “from a rooster to a hen with one shot”?
3. What’s the name of the guy who tries to get the winners to steal an Everlasting Gobstopper for him in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
4. What was Doc Brown’s profession in Back to the Future III?
5. What two first names does Tim Robbins go by in High Fidelity?
6. At what fast-food restaurant does Eddie Murphy’s Prince Akeem find employment in “Coming to America?
7. Losing their jobs at what college spurns three parapsychologists into starting their own paranormal exterminator service?
8. What two workplace movies are modern-day remakes of Cyrano de Bergerac, one of the workplaces being a radio station, and the other a fire station?
9. Name two jobs that Tim Robbins handled when in Shawshank Prison?
10. What movie title is on the marquee where Travis Bickle takes Betsy for their first date in Taxi Driver?
1. When Violet imagines poisoning her boss in 9 to 5 what fairy tale character is she thinking of herself as?
2. What is the devise called that the storm chasers use to track the inside of as tornado in Twister?
3. What does Jenna created to reflect the state of her life in Waitress?
4. What bands music video does Mark get stuck in during a bad drug trip in Empire Records?
5. What type of clothing does Joan Cusac model for everyone in Toys?
6. Why are the women of Desk Set afraid for their jobs?
7. What book does Holden always have a cope of in The Good Girl
8. This working film is about a young mother at a textile mill who starts trouble by organizing a union.
9. What company does Mac head the German division of in One, Two, Three?
10. What actress (just before she became the next big romantic comedy thing) experiences the blind date from hell in Caffeine?
PAT M ROUND
1. It has mustard
2. Vincent Schiaveli
3. Bruce Lee
4. Harry Buttle
6. Brad Dourif
7. John Astin
8. His Daughter
9. A set of steak knives
10. Chewley’s chewing gum
1. His prized red Swingline stapler
2. Frozen concentrated orange juice
3. He channels the coffee through a cooked whole chicken
4. “A man who was killed because he had lousy ratings”
5. Mike Wazowski and Kitty
6. Closers only
7. They play the song Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini over and over again
8. “You’ll get nothing and like it!”
10. “That’s just something ugly people say”
1. The Ministry of Information
2. Heating Engineer
3. Steven Wright and Harry Shear
4. United States
5. Fizzy lifting drink
6. His own hotel
7. He assumes a new id. Cartlon Whitfield
8. A Hula Hoop
9. Sam Raimi
10. Dumping Toxic Waste
1. parapsychology and psychology
3. carrot juice
4. Barry Jive and the Uptown Five
5. he is hit by a stream of water from the drinking fountain being repaired
6. Quick Stop
7. as his roommates
10. Vermicious Knid
1. News anchor
4. Advertising executive
5. Gossip Columnist
6. Office Space
7. The Tangiers
8. Airline Pilot, secret service agent Barry Allen, Doctor, Lawyer.
10. Head of the Boy Ranger (Boy Scouts)
1. an interactive electronic comic book
2. Walter Matthau (as Walter Matuschanskayasky)
3. a serial killer
4. piss and ink
5. you need to find yourself a girl mate
6. fried chicken
7. a button
8. no one would be admitted after the movie started
9. his financial partner burns it down for the insurance money
10. Star Wars and Lord of the Rings
1. Men At Work
2. 9 to 5
4. town blacksmith
5. Ian and Ray
7. Columbia University
8. Truth About Cats & Dogs, Roxanne
9. Accountant/Tax Man, Librarian, Money Launderer
10. Sometime Sweet Susan
1. Snow White
2. Dorthy or Dorthy II
5. paper doll clothes
6. they do not want to be replaced by a computer
7. Catcher in the Rye
8. Norma Rae
10. Kathrine Heigl